Tambour Locking Cabinet Doors
The Jeter Locking Tambour Door is a superior product in both durability and performance. It has been designed to be installed on new or existing Jeter cabinets and shelving, as well as most other brands.
Designed and Built to Last
The Tambour Door is constructed of a patented interlock system with durable flexible hinges providing superior strength, durability and long-lasting reliability. A single lock secures the cabinet. Locks may be keyed so that a single key will fit multiple cabinets. The door housing is constructed of furniture quality 18-gauge cold rolled sheet steel and the rails are constructed of either 18 or 20 gauge cold rolled steel. A flange across the entire unit provides a decorative look and added stability.
Easy to Operate
Our Tambour Locking Cabinet Doors operate on a high quality customized counterbalance system. The counterbalance system is manufactured with metal components providing for mechanism stability and long-term reliability. Dual aluminum handles are located at the base of the unit and a built-in mid-grip handle is located approximately 28″ from the floor.
Standard Options or Retrofit Kits
Available for the following Jeter cabinets and shelving:
- Stackable File Systems – Letter, Legal, X-ray and Optical/Dental
- 4-Post File Systems – Letter, Legal and X-ray
- Slant Shelving Systems – Letter and Legal
- Also compatible with many cabinets manufactured by other companies. Contact your Jeter Representative at 1-800-321-8261 for assistance.
Tambour Locking Door Features:
- Constructed from a patented interlock system with durable flexible hinges that provide superior strength, durability and long lasting reliability
- The Tambour material is lightly textured for improved scratch resistance.
- Dual easy-grip aluminum handles are located at the bottom of the door.
- Built-in mid-grip handle is located approximately 28″ from the floor.
- A single lock secures the cabinet. Locks may be keyed alike for added convenience.
- The counterbalance is manufactured from long lasting steel components.
- Available in a variety of standard widths and heights. Custom sizes are available upon request.
- Only adds 9″ to the height of the cabinet or shelving unit and 2″ to the depth.
To learn more about Tambour Door kits, please contact your Jeter Sales Representative at 1-800-321-8261 or complete our response form.