In the records-intensive environment of the financial services sector, having a comprehensive Records management program in place is critical to the success of your organization.
The right records management program guarantees the security and accessibility of your paper and electronic documents, saving you space and labor costs in the process by organizing your information more efficiently.
And in todays world of stringent regulatory requirements, privacy legislation, Sarbanes/Oxley rules and increasing litigation, your RM program must also keep you compliant while reducing the risk and cost of litigation, without impacting your ability to deliver a high level of service to your internal and external customers.
Jeter: Your Partner in RM Execution
For any RM program to be effective, it has to be implemented and adopted across the entire enterprise. This has traditionally been one of the biggest RM challenges for the business in the financial sector. At Jeter, we understand that part of the problem is that any corporate directive has to be interpreted within the context of the unique legislative/regulatory demands that each business unit must conform to. We will work with your people to facilitate the adoption of RM policies and practices at each level of the organization and across business units.
Weve helped countless organizations implement first class RM systems, and you can read a case study detailing our approach here.
New Challenges for the Financial Sector
In todays business environment, the importance of privacy legislation, increasing regulatory scrutiny, the frequency of litigation, as well as storage constraints and escalating costs are just a few of the factors that have made good records management practices a must. This changing environment has presented new records management challenges for financial institutions:
- security of authenticating records
- retention and classification of email and electronic records
- streamlining and consolidating of customer accounts files
- need to improve processing of time sensitive records
To meet these challenges, Jeter can help you:
- Rationalize and consolidate customer account records in order to improve compliance and control, and reduce storage costs
- Manage the integration of email and electronic records into your RM program by designing tools and methods to help properly identify, classify and apply retentions to these records
- Upgrade records security through improved classification schemes and more effective storage solutions
- Improve the design of workflows for transactional records to better ensure compliance and control in transaction processing
- Educate and motivate internal stakeholders to facilitate the adoption RM policies at the business unit level
Get the Benefit of Jeters Experience
For 30 years we have been helping major North American financial services companies implement the right RM programs and manage their RM projects. We provide expert advice to ensure their records systems are compliant, efficient and cost effective. Jeter records management professionals will benchmark your document management practices against best in class systems. From electronic imaging and bar coding financial applications, to mutli-branch record consolidation and color coding collateral files, Jeter will provide you with the best solution to manage greater file volumes more efficiently and in less space. Our solutions can even allow you to manage more records with fewer people. Whatever your records management issue, Jeter can help.
For more information on how Jeter records management services can help your financial services company, call 1-800-321-8261 or complete our online response form.