Preparing for an Electronic Records Environment
Managing your information electronically is a winning idea.
But how do you get started? What do you need to do to make the transition successful?
The reality is that it can be a complicated process, and most organizations simply don’t have all of the right resources or experience to ensure a successful result. The key to success lies in making sure that the necessary framework is in place and all preparations are complete before the project starts.
If you are starting on the transition to an electronic records management environment, you need to ask questions like:
- Do you have physical records? How are they currently managed? What are they? How will you migrate them into your electronic records environment?
- What records do you currently have in electronic format? How are you planning on organizing your electronic records for retrieval? Where are they located?
- What tools do you have to manage your electronic records? How will your electronic records be accessed and shared within your organization? How will you manage version control?
- Which overarching strategy will bring all of your separate elements together into one cohesive system?
Jeter has the experience and expertise to help you get ready for the transition to your electronic records environment. We will:
- Work with you to get a thorough understanding of how information and records are currently used/organized in your organization
- Determine where your information currently exists and in what format
- Get an understanding of how you would like to use and store the information in the future
Based on this data, we make recommendations on what you should do, including goals, milestones and roadmaps.
Remember, when it comes to successfully managing your information digitally, being fully prepared in advance is critical, and Jeter can help. Call us at 1-800-321-8261 or complete our online response form.